Master of Sustainability (MSUS) Learning Outcomes
The goal of the Master of Sustainability is to provide professionally oriented students the skills, knowledge, experiences, and networks necessary to meet their career goals. To that end, we produce graduates recognized for their:
- intellectual and experiential core of knowledge about sustainability;
- preparedness to champion and implement sustainability in a variety of settings;
- entrepreneurial spirit and capacity for transformative leadership; and
- commitment to ethical and informed citizenship
- Conceptualizing Sustainability: Students will be able to explain the origins, meanings, and applications of sustainability.
- Systems Thinking: Students will construct tools to model complex systems and evaluate changes in such systems.
- Transdisciplinary and Collaboration: Students will determine how individuals and groups make decisions and work collaboratively with partners in pursuit of sustainability objectives.
- Application and Assessment: Students will develop the necessary analytical skills for applying and assessing sustainability in a range of settings.
- Communication: Students will evaluate and implement appropriate communication strategies to become effective communicators of sustainability.
- Transformative Leadership: Students will elaborate and maximize their roles in advancing sustainability, with the understanding that to do so will require behavioral, cultural, institutional, and other changes at multiple spatial and temporal scales.
- Creativity: Students will discover that facilitating sustainable attitudes and practices requires creativity in conceptualizing existing conditions and generating and implementing sustainable solutions to complex problems.
- Ethics: Students will be able to explain the ethical implications of decisions and actions across diverse cultural, political, and temporal perspectives and be prepared to choose and act with integrity in their careers
- Professional application of sustainability principles: Students demonstrate an ability to apply the principles of sustainability in a professional setting