Master of Arts in Food Studies (MA) Admission Requirements
The following are requirements of admission to the Master of Food Studies program:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale. Applicants with less than a 3.0 who show extreme promise through other achievements may be granted conditional admission.
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- 2 letters of recommendation preferably from an academic source
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Personal statement -- both stating your experiences and interests in food, sustainability and/or agriculture and your reasons for pursuing a graduate degree
- Additional writing sample submission encouraged but optional
- Completed Application Form, which can be found at http://apply.chatham.edu/graduate.
- Priority Deadline for Fall - February 1 (all application materials must be received by this date for first consideration of fellowships/assistantships)
- Regular Application Deadline for Fall - June 15
- Regular Application Deadline for Spring - November 1